Science in Sport
When it comes to sports nutrition, INEOS Grenadiers are fuelled by science.
We've partnered with INEOS Grenadiers so we can share our level of expertise with the world's best cycling team. Just like the teams 'marginal gains' philosophy we research and develop each aspect of our products with both sports scientists and international athletes. This scientific research underpins everything we do to ensure our products are of the highest quality whilst also meeting the exacting standards of Informed Sport.
The Science in Sport brand is trusted by professional and Olympic athletes in a range of sports, across the world. A key component of this trust is our approach to preventing banned substances entering its supply chain and finished products. Each year an internal review of the banned substance prevention regime takes place, and from January 2018 an upgraded system has been implemented. The regime is built on the following pillars:
- Are the only brand globally to hold both Informed Sport Site Certification and Informed Sport Product Certification.
- Every single batch of Science in Sport finished product which leaves the Company’s factory is screened against the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list. Banned substances including steroids are tested to the level of 10 Nanograms per gram, and stimulants to 100 Nanograms per gram. Equivalent to finding a $1 bill in a pile of $1bn of $1 bills.
- Batches (sampled at the beginning, during and end of each product batch) receive the recognised and respected Informed Sport certificate. Finished product testing is the final and most effective step that we have to ensure product assurance.
- Carry out raw material batch testing as well as finished goods testing for anything deemed ‘high-risk’
- Maintain full trace management of all raw materials from raw material base and manufacturing supplier, through to finished goods manufactured per production batch. This allows us to demonstrate to athletes the source of their ingredients and all parties involved in the manufacturing process.
- Implement rigorous screening of all ingredient suppliers, including annual auditing. All suppliers are required to be certified to a recognised Quality Management system that is approved by The Global Food Safety Initiative.
- Screen our production facility in Blackburn, including swab testing for banned substances and conduct surprise third-party inspections throughout the year.
SiS GO Isotonic Energy Gel
The world's first isotonic gel, which is clean in the mouth and easy to digest. This patented formula provides 22g of carbohydrate for fast energy on the go and is available in many great flavours.
Rapid Recovery Developed with the help of Chris Boardman, REGO is the first complete recovery shake providing 20g of protein, 20g of carbohydrate, electrolytes, vitamins and minerals for athlete immunity. Take within 30 minutes of exercise while your metabolism is lifted to replace your depleted glycogen and support lean muscle mass.
SiS Beta Fuel
SiS Beta Fuel is proven to provide ultra-high levels of available carbohydrate to multi-hour endurance athletes, with no stomach upset. Science in Sport’s Beta Fuel range is leading a revolution in endurance fuelling, having famously powered Chris Froome’s sensational 80km solo ride on Stage 19 of the 2018 Giro D’Italia.